Exclusive Occupancy Agreement Scotland

Buyers choose to buy a 25% share, 50% or 75% (for which they may need a mortgage) and pay an occupation to the association. Occupancy fees are a payment to the association for the exclusive use of the property and takes into account the fact that the owner of the information is responsible for repairing and insuring the property. The occupancy payment is proportional to the share of equity retained by the association. Show your lawyer the occupancy agreement before signing it and ask him to explain all the legal conditions that you are not sure about. In your occupancy agreement, it should be a question of whether you can rent a room to a tenant or sublet your home. It is unlikely that you will be able to rent the property and live elsewhere, unless you have a particular reason for this, for example because you have to go to the hospital for a long time. Discuss this with your lawyer before signing the occupancy agreement, especially if the problem is not mentioned in the occupancy agreement. It is important that you find out what housing company policy is. Talk to the housing company: you should have an agreement with the lender on what to do in this situation and you can possibly negotiate with the lender on your behalf.

In your occupancy agreement, you should explain how the housing company will go if you fail to keep pace with your occupancy payments. If not, make sure you know before you move in. Your shared purchase agreement (also known as your exclusive occupancy agreement) could include a clause, which means you will first have to offer the house to the housing company to buy it back. Your housing company will tell you if this is the after-the-fact trap. Make sure you know exactly what you are responsible for before signing the occupancy agreement and ask your lawyer if you are unsure. This will help you avoid potential disputes with the housing company and your neighbours later on. scotland.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/advice_topics/paying_for_a_home/mortgage_arrears/mortgage_to_rent_scheme your EOA agreement contains the rights and obligations you have as an owner. Occupancy contracts last 20 years, unless you terminate the agreement earlier, z.B. by buying the whole house or selling.

Mitshared-Eigent-mer-Systeme allow you to buy a share of property in a housing company and a reduced „rent“, called an occupancy payment, for the part of the house that you do not own. If you buy your share, the housing company will give you an occupancy agreement with your rights and obligations. These may vary depending on the housing companies. The housing company should contact you in due course to inform you of the expiry date of the occupancy agreement. If you enter into a sharing agreement, you first buy a 25%, 50% or 75% share in the home. In addition to the monthly mortgage and occupancy fees, the co-owner has tasks similar to those of a normal owner: if you buy a share of a residential property, the housing company will give you an occupancy agreement with your rights and obligations. This looks like a rental agreement between the landlord and the tenant. These may vary depending on the policies of the housing company. Generally speaking, there should be an occupancy agreement: since you own a portion of the property, the housing company cannot distribute you for non-payment of occupancy payments, just as a landlord can distribute a tenant.

However, you may be able to obtain a court order to force you to pay or sell your share of the house.